Wednesday, February 27, 2008

At the rugby again


The first obstacle to getting into the Millennium Stadium was a plastic bottle of water that had to be drunk or discarded before entering. (And I wasn't going to waste good water!)

The next obstacle was the ticket itself. Husband and I both peered at it. He had the wrong glasses; I didn't have my glasses at all. We asked a steward where Block UN was. 'There isn't a Block UN,' he said. He looked at our tickets. 'Ah, you want Block C.'

Later on, during the game, the big screen showed Warren Gatland, Wales's coach, drinking from a plastic bottle. I see. So it's one rule for them and one rule for those of us who pay to come in, is it? Really I'd have thought a frustrated rugby coach would have been more likely than I was to throw a plastic bottle.
xx

7 comments:

Leslie: said...

Maybe it wasn't "water" in the bottle! *hee hee*

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

That doesn't seem at all fair to me! Some Itals have told me this week that they liked the atmosphere during this game and that they might become rugby fans!

Anonymous said...

Most drunken spectators could only throw up.
Why? They didn't have the bottle for anything else ;-)

James Higham said...

I'm worried about not being able to take a drink into the ground.

Liz Hinds said...

I hadn't thought of that, leslie!

Italy are definitely improving and becoming a team to support, welshcakes.

Oh, stu!

You can buy drinks inside the stadium, james. they're sold in lightweight plastic glasses, and, unlike at a football match, beer is on sale throughout the game. In fact, it's part of the whole.

Furtheron said...

Good match I really enjoyed watching it. You've got a great shot at the title and all that now.

Anonymous said...

ah I see it isn't that the bottle is a potential hazard cos it might be thrown, but that it cuts into the potential bar profits.