Thursday, January 10, 2008

this'n'that

I dropped the ... no, wait ... the digital camera slipped out my hand yesterday and has stopped working. Do you think if I let it slip out of my hand onto its other side, whatever it is that isn't working will start working again?

* * * * * * * * * *

George is very puzzled by the last video. He can hear my voice but he's worked out that I'm not speaking to him at this moment. So he bites me.

* * * * * * * * *

Driving somewhere this afternoon, thinking about Marmite, I thought some more about what Jenny had said last night. We both acknowledged that we do bad things (sin!) and that, what's more, we know in advance that we're going to do it, but it doesn't stop us; it just makes us feel guilty.

Then I remembered one of those witty little sayings that someone comes up, which are so simple and obvious that you wish you'd said it yourself but you know you're not clever enough to have done. It was something along the lines of: You can't disappoint God; he knows you too well to be disappointed by anything you do. Only snappier than that.

Now I'm going to watch Farce of the Penguins.

5 comments:

Puss-in-Boots said...

Happy New Year, Liz! I hope you haven't done too much of a mischief to your camera. You probably could drop it on the opposite side but it would probably make things worse...I don't advise it.

Hope all is well in your world. Give George a hug from me.

James Higham said...

I think as long as we support our friends, we'll be all right with G-d.

Anonymous said...

I think you should stop worrying about God and let him worry about you - its his job after all..

mdmhvonpa said...

"So he bites me."

Sheesh, my wife complains about that too ... but I don't bite all that hard!

Anonymous said...

Re the digital camera, Liz, it will hopefully be insured under your home contents policy - ours was when I squeezed my swivel chair through the narrow opening into my last office and discovered the camera (in its protective padded bag) had been innocently hanging on the door handle...