Saturday, January 19, 2008

Not ill just fat

I had an email from Shirl today. She was worried because I'd not blogged for a day or two. I am making up for it now, Shirl!

Must tell you that yesterday I booked tickets for the Wales Italy rugby game and Bruce Springsteen. Both at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium - but not together.

Last we saw The Boss was a couple of years ago in London. It was a difficult-to-get-to venue and we left just before the end because we knew getting a tube train would be horrendous. We won't have that problem this time so will be able to relax and go with the flow, man.

* * * * * * * * * *

Today in work i took phone call from 'John'. His wife was downstairs in the quilting class and he wanted me to pass a message on to her. John and his wife are part of our church and I know him well. That doesn't mean that I'm not going to slap him next time I see him. Asking me to take the message he said, 'As you've got a bit of extra meat on you, it'll do you good to run downstairs.'

What made it worse was that when I told his wife, she sighed (she's well used to John putting his foot in it) but as she did so her eyes travelled up and down my body - and she didn't say, 'What extra meat?' She didn't say anything!

I know I've put on weight but I'm still wearing the same clothes; it can't be THAT obvious surely?!!!!!

I need chocolate.

3 comments:

jmb said...

Why don't these people put their brains in gear before they speak? My rule is never to make a remark about someone's physical appearance unless it's to say something positive. Jokes about physical appearance are the biggest no-no in my book. People can't help if they are bald or short or thin or "voluptuous", can they?

Anonymous said...

Sometimes a person looks you up and down and says nothing because they think you look great but know they don't! I don't know how many times we've met now Liz but I still haven't seen these extra micrograms you worry about. I really haven't. You look fabulous.

The word verification thingy is being very rude to me!

Leslie: said...

Why can we never think of an apt retort at the time when someone says something rude like that? I think he needs one up side of his head next time you see him.