Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The British press is wonderful, don't you think?

I'm supposed to be on a playwriting course now.

I did go but the place was all locked up and deserted. So I went to Sainsburys instead. After all I haven't been there since, um, Saturday.

In the petrol station outside the shop there is a display of newspapers. After all that Paul Burrell, butler to the Princess of Wales, said in his evidence at the inquest yesterday, what do the majority of newspapers choose to use for their front page headlines?

Diana was a whore says her mother.

Nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is more, my mother agrees with the Press & Diana's mother, it would appear. 'That Diana is all across the paper again today', she said, obviously expecting more of the DT. I queried her annoyance. 'Well, she was such an apple pie (without the apple and not a pie)'. So I concluded aloud that my mother maybe thought that of me too since I divorced a man who made me unhappy and then had rather a few liaisons before finding the right one to settle with and become very happy indeed.

My mother actually sounded uncomfortable on the phone, wordlessly. That's the problem with blanket accusations. Someone always gets hurt.

As you say, Liz. Nice - the word that says it all without my contribution, Liz.