Saturday, December 08, 2007

Deck the hall

Work today included buying and decorating the Christmas tree. It looks lovely. It would look lovelier if our lights hadn't gone missing. That's the thing about Linden: stuff disappears. Sometimes it mysteriously re-appears; sometimes stuff we've never seen before appears. Like the Santa outfit. That turned up on my desk without so much as a by-your-leave. So now we have two santa suits and no lights.

Two folding tables have gone missing as well.

Life. as the king of Siam might have said, is a puzzlement.

P.S. We do have lights on the tree. Chris went out and bought some. Blow the expense; if someone has to be made redundant to pay for it, so be it. I can safely say that: my job has been classified as vital. (Note it's the job that's vital not me.)

P.P.S. The good news is that the free packet of clotted cream shortbread that came with our Viking order wasn't in the box I droppped down the stairs.
xx

2 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Something to be grateful about, then! I must get my tree out tomorrow....

MissKris said...

It's December 9th as I write this and I have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for Christmas yet. I don't decorate the house any more because my active grandson would demolish it in the first 5 minutes he's here in the morning, haha! Plus I've gotten so lazy in my middle years, now that the kids are grown I'm not much into the Christmas holidays now. Outside of how it thrills my grandbaby, but that's over at HIS house and I'm more than happy to leave that up to my d-i-l. It felt wonderful to come over and catch up, Liz...so much is going on here in 'real life' at the moment I haven't been on the computer much the past couple weeks. Hope you had a lovely trip away!