Friday, November 16, 2007

I went to Sainsburys and ...

I forgot my phone. But I did remember the 'Happy Birthday, Mrs Hinds. Have a free box of Sainsburys Taste the difference Belgian Truffles from us,' voucher. I get my priorities right.



And on the way there, I happened to call into Pet World. I mean, we are going to be getting a puppy soon so I thought I should be prepared. The puppy could sleep on Harvey's old new cushion - the one he had last Christmas that was so high and puffy he couldn't climb onto it - but it's so big it would far too scary for a little puppy. And as I was buying a bed, I thought I'd better buy the puppy a little companion as it's sure to miss its siblings.


While I was in the shop, I picked up and started reading a book about Golden Retrievers. It listed a load of questions you're supposed to ask the breeder before you get a puppy. They gave examples of good answers and bad answers. I doubt if Husband asked any of those questions when he bought Harvey, and he was just about perfect so I'm not sure if it matters too much.


Also, I was sort of leaning towards a girl puppy but reading the book, it suggests that you should choose not on gender but on personality. Pick the one that has the characteristics you like and that would fit in with your family. So, that'll be like Harvey then: stupid.

9 comments:

mdmhvonpa said...

Nothing to do with your truffles or puppy pursuit ... this

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

aah, all ready for your new baby. Get him / her soon! Harvey would approve.

Anonymous said...

awwww :0)

Leslie: said...

I'm so jealous you're getting a puppy. I love dogs, but after having to have my Robbie put down last April, I vowed NOT to get another pet until I'm ready to settle down and do NO MORE TRAVELING. When you get him/her, I'm sure you'll be posting lots of photos, just like a new Mommy would. :D

jmb said...

I have had two male dogs and two females although I think I prefer the females. All that peeing every two feet is a drag.

Anna said...

The bed looks lovely - now hurry up and get someone to fill it!

At least when Betty breaks down you will have something to snack on while you wait for the AA mab to telepathetically pick up your 'help' message.

Anonymous said...

Tip : hard plastic eyes/nose on a toy dog could get swallowed by your new pup. Cut them off first.

jams o donnell said...

I hope you find the pup you want, be it a girl or a boy. As for forgetting the phone and remembering the choc voucher, remember that chocs get you through times of no phones bettter than phones get you through times of no chocs...

James Higham said...

Ah, Liz - we'll watch with interest.