Saturday, October 06, 2007

Stuck in the middle

When you get to my age and you find yourself on edge for no apparent reason, it's hard to know if you're pre-menstrual or menopausal. The two tormentors begin to blur at the edges into one huge moody. (Actually, now I think of it, it's probably what JK Rowling was thinking about when she created the Dementors who suck the good humour out of you.)

* * * * * * * * *

Wonderful Welshcakes! Before she left Sicily, I asked her if she could pack a little sunshine in her suitcase. She said she'd try. And she succeeded! It's been beautifully sunny here ever since Welshcakse landed in the country.

* * * * * * * * *

Another big rugby weekend (but, sadly, without Wales). Today England take on Australia, and the All Blacks play France. The New Zealand game is in Cardiff, and last weekend Husband had the bright idea of getting tickets for that game. 'There'll be plenty around and they won't be too expensive,' he said, before he went on the internet to search. I had my own thoughts but I left him to it.

'The cheapest tickets I can find are £260 each!'

WE're watching it on television.

No comments: