Monday, August 27, 2007

A sea of red

Cardiff was a sea of red today for the Wales versus France game at the Millennium Stadium. It's a fabulous place. Although it seats about 80,000 (I think), you get a good view and feel close to the action wherever you are.

Above, the teams line up for the anthems.

We were up in one of the corners - for once the right corner! Normally tries are scored in the corner diagonally opposite and furthest away from where we are seated. Below, James Hook scores Wales's only try. He's the little red dot buried by white dots (the French, unusually, weren't playing in blue) just over the line. (Bear in mind that I was leaping up and screaming while trying to take this photo.)

xx

3 comments:

Lee said...

It looks and sounds like you had lots of fun, Liz.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Great photos. I don't like sport but I miss that singing!

Liz Hinds said...

We did, Lee. I just love going to the stadium and being in the capital city on match day.

Welshcakes, I asked Elder Son to record the national anthem on his phone. He did but we don't have the bluetooth (?) here to get it on my computer. I was thinking of you when I asked him.