Monday, July 16, 2007

Zac's Girls

aka Arty Girl, Hippy Girl, Ginger Girl, Smart Girl and Biker Girl, plus me: Posh Girl (I'm not really but I seem to have been designated as such.) We spent yesterday doing not a lot in truly peaceful surroundings in rural Breconshire.

After the unbelievably wet rain we had on Friday, it wasn't looking good but the sun came out for us and it was idyllic.


We went not really having any plans for the day. The cottage we were visiting is run as a retreat by its resident owner, Jenny, a counsellor for 25 years. And it showed. Sorry, that sounds very ungrateful but you can pick out a counsellor at 10 yards. And that wasn't what I was there for.


The others all seemed happy and two especially found it very beneficial. For my part, I was glad to be in the surroundings, in the company of Zac's Girls, and to find out a little more about people who are becoming friends. A good day.

12 comments:

Chris said...

Know what you mean about counsellors, Liz. Sometimes they do like to practice their skills, like it or not.

And are they always called 'Jenny'? The ones I know are!

(Harvey inspired word verification today: dogpaxt)

Gattina said...

The cottage looks lovely ! I like them so very much it reminds me the time I spent in England when my son lived in London for 6 years.
Thanks for all your comments ! Nice to meet you.

Lee said...

Haha! You said something I said myself only the other day "wet rain"...we had had some rain a couple of weeks earlier and I was trying to describe the day to a friend who wasn't here at the time...explaining it was "wet rain"....very misty and moist, which permeated all around. I'm not sure if I made sense, but I knew what I was trying to say! ;)

James Higham said...

Now that's the first sign of a little bit of girly cattiness I've ever seen in you, Liz. Actually, Chris and you are right - they are a type without a doubt.

James Higham said...

Beautiful cottage, by the way.

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures. Zac's girls, sounds nice. When is the tour?

Liz Hinds said...

Chris, Jenny must be a very therapeutic name!

The cottage was lovely, Gattina, although if it had been pouring with rain it might not have been so pleasant!

Lee, we understand each other!

James, me catty? meow.

A tour sounds good, Steve. We'll have to give it some thought...

Clare said...

I agree with Chris. They all have the same intonation... and ask the same questions, which aren't really questions, but are designed to make you answer them anyway!

Furtheron said...

Looks lovely bring on August we have two weeks in a cottage in Dorset to look forward to.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Lovely pics, Liz. Like the comment about counsellors - though I have had occasion to go to them.

Anonymous said...

Apropos §1 on 'truth'
may I point your readers to
Galatians 4:16 ;-) ?

Anonymous said...

The 'consellors' I have known al seemed to have their own reasons to need to be needed. True counselling is a gift rather than a skill...someone much more like a lady I know in Swansea.