Thursday, July 26, 2007

In which I am a little concerned

Harvey continues with his dead dog routine. It's not funny any more, I've told him.

We got him onto bed in the kitchen last night and he hasn't moved from there. He hasn't looked for food since the day before yesterday and he doesn't raise his head when I talk to him. He did lift his head to take a couple of treats from me just now but it wasn't his usual grab'n'gulp.

Our community cafe is open for the summer holidays and I'm down there today. If it's very quiet this afternoon - as it might be with the rain we're having - I'll try and come home early.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Harvey really ill? Or just practicing a routine? Or reacting to the weather?

Furtheron said...

come on Harvey...

Hope he is just being naughty.

Liz Hinds said...

I fear he is really - I don't want to write the words. I am praying that if his time is up God will take him gently and that we won't have to take him to the vet.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Oh, Liz. We are thinking of you all. Come on, Harvey - please don't give up.

mdmhvonpa said...

Hmmm, I can just imagine what Harvey is thinking right now ...
"If I just lay here, I get lots of attention. I wonder what will happen if I lay really still ... will I get treats!?"

Anna said...

Poor Harvey (must have worn himself out poking his head in unnecessary places yesterday) and poor you. It must be distressing checking on him every ten minutes. Don't you wish he could just tell you how he's feeling.

Anonymous said...

When a loved pet get old, it is hard. Hope he perks up.