Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Yum yum - I think ...


As it's half-term the community cafe is open again, and I'm helping in the kitchen there today. I've made a carrot cake to take with me and, before you say it, I know it looks more like a yellow chilli-pepper cake but that was because I didn't have any orange food colouring. My cake decorating skills go from bad to worse.

I'm only one step away from marmite-topped cake. (If you saw the Vicar of Dibley repeat on Sunday evening, you'll know what I mean.)

xxx

8 comments:

Elsie said...

Marmite is the most disgusting "food" on the planet. Sorry, Liz, but it's just... and the way it looks doesn't help any either!

DeeJay said...

mmm Marmite yellow carrots

Omega Mum said...

At least you make the cakes. I have to put marmite toppings on shop ones, these days.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

That looks lovely and I think your decorations are very clever!

James Higham said...

...marmite-topped cake...

For real?

Liz Hinds said...

I do like marmite but I wouldn't actually use it to cover a cake! There is a character, in the sitcom The Vicar of Dibley, who uses the most outrageous combinations for her cakes. In the episode shown on Sunday she mentioned marmite icing.
I just wanted to clear that up!

MaryB said...

Ah, Letitia Cropley - now you've got me hankering after fish-paste pancakes. Pass the Marmite, madame! (Bleeeeeech!)

Still, the cake looks de-lish, Liz. And I think it might be worth trying to add a few chopped yellow peppers to the next one . . . ;-)

Serena said...

I love carrot cake and I think that one looks delicious. As far as the decorations, one makes do with what one can find. Looks pretty to me!