Sunday, May 06, 2007

Oh, Oxo

Just reading maryb's blog about architecture with words on and it reminded me of the hen do in London.

On our trip down the Thames, when I wasn't making plasticine men, I was listening to the guide, and he pointed out the Oxo building.

It was illegal to have advertising on the sides of buildings along the Thames in London, so to get around that, the architect cunningly planned the tower on the Oxo company's building to incorporate an artistic design - that just happened to spell out OXO.

5 comments:

Lee said...

Aah...it's great to have you back, Liz. I've been sitting here tapping my foot and my fingers, impatiently awaiting your return. I pop in every other day, so it was a pleasant surprise to find you here again.

I've just caught up reading your return posts. Great to read you had a wonderful time and caught up with that relaxation.

Welcome back! :)

Puss-in-Boots said...

How clever of that architect. Just goes to show...nothing's impossible.

Anna said...

Weather forecast for Looe:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3110

have a good week!

Anonymous said...

That is a neat way around the advertisement ban. Nice picture.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I never realised that before!