Saturday, March 10, 2007

Meatballs anybody?

We had a Swedish meal tonight. Last December a group of us bid for, and won it, in an auction. The deal was to have the meal (for 10) prepared for us - and the washing-up done after!

Beforehand we said to each other, 'What do Swedish people eat?'

'Um ... meatballs.'

It's a lot more than that!

At the back of the table from left:
beetroot and caviar salad, cheese-stuffed peppers, lingonberry bread.

At the front of the table from left:

prawn croustades, potatoes with lavender, meatballs, gravadlax.

There were also chocolate balls, melon, muddy pie and saffron rolls.

Mm, it was a yummy evening.


8 comments:

Viamarie said...

Hi! I'm visiting via the Photo Hunt. I find your meal very yummy. We also had meatballs for dinner last night but this one looks a lot better.

Cheers to your weekend!

maiylah said...

looks really yummy!!!

Lee said...

Now I'm hungry! Thanks, Liz!

Anonymous said...

You ate meatballs?

Is bullfighting forbidden in Wales?

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

That looks lovely. I especially like the sound of the lingonberry bread and the lavender potatoes. Congrats on winning it - AND winning a washer-upper!

Joy Des Jardins said...

Yummy is right! It's making me want to go raid the refrigerator...although I don't think I have anything nearly as good in there. Thanks Liz...

Anonymous said...

My mouth is watering. Looks so good. An to think you didn't have to cook or clean up.

MissKris said...

I'm only a second-generation American on my Dad's side of the family...his dad was born in Sweden and then the family emigrated to the US via Goteborg and Boston. My parents came out here to the West Coast of the US right after WWII and I was born and raised out here. The only Swedish food I remember eating was potato pancakes and I can't even remember what they were called but were they ever delicious!!! It was really interesting reading your "menu" here...looks like the Swedes know how to eat well too, eh?