Sunday, March 04, 2007

creating and creation


We had a creative arts in Linden today. Sadly my brain was wordless so Rhys and I went on an adventure in the woods while Rhys's mum got on with some art.







We followed the route downstream of Washinghouse brook. One of the legends behind the name of the stream is that, many years ago, when cockle-women walked from Penclawdd to Swansea market, they didn't wear shoes most of the way. But they stopped at this brook and washed their feet before putting their shoes on again as they neared respectability.







We didn't see any dragons but we did see flowers and trees. Lots of trees. And when we got back Rhys created an installation (I think that's what they call temporary art.)

6 comments:

Laban said...

responding to your comment on my blog - Cwmbwrla Primary School, though I left Wales when I was 7. But Swansea's still 'home' as it was to my mother - and we go back often.

I've got some family snaps of the Mumbles train - when I dig them out I'll put them on the blog.

Sarah at St Bloggie de Riviere has also blogged of Mumbles and Gower - I think that's where her mum came from.

Laban said...

PS - have you read 'That Uncertain Feeling' ? It's funny, but it's also about Swansea in late 50's early 60's. Amis was lecturing at the Uni at the time, doubtless in the 'Viv' at Sketty each night !

MissKris said...

The little yellow flowers are beautiful...what are they called? I saw my first daffodil a week or so ago when I was out on a walk with my grandson. Surely Spring is on the way!!!

James Higham said...

Spring is surely on the way.

Liz Hinds said...

Kris, I thought they were marsh marigolds but I've just looked those up on the net and they don't like that! Flower identification is not one of my strong points.

Laban, thanks for getting back to me. I'll search for Sarah's blog and have a look.

Janes, I think spring is definitely on the way.

Liz Hinds said...

Celandine. That's what they are. I'm pretty sure. Lesser Celandine that is, of course.