Saturday, February 10, 2007

The weatherman said it was going to rain


It's not much but it doesn't snow here very often. The sea protects us, I believe. It gets me excited anyway.


When I left home this morning it was raining; by lunchtime the drive up to the building was getting untravellable, so, being the only person in work, I made an executive decision and sent myself home. Just as well I did too, as Alfie didn't like the slippery hill at all and was most reluctant to stop.





Two things from work though. First an I received an email about a survey being carried out, or as the writer put it, 'we're running a pole asking ...'. One hopes he stops running long enough to ask his questions.


Secondly, on making a phone call I got through to an answerphone that said, 'Your call cannot be answered at the moment and you cannot leave a message so - here the speaker took a breath, just long enough for me to wonder what she was going to say - please sod off.' Not really.


I used to leave amusing messages on the answerphone in work. Okay, I thought they were amusing. One time I said, 'I'm sorry, the answerphone isn't working but the filing cabinet will take a message and pass it on for you.'


I had to remove it after my boss kept getting people complaining that the answerphone wasn't working.



No wonder I have to blog. My creativity is stifled.

Remember those flowers from yesterday? See them today.

And the cross isn't a cross; it's the edge of a noticeboard (in the middle of the woods).

4 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Ah, poor flowers! You had me fooled there with the cross. Like the answerphone opening messages.

Elsie said...

The flowers still look hopeful to me.

Anonymous said...

So THAT's where they hid Excalibur!

Anonymous said...

Nice photos, Liz. I like the cross and the change in the flowers. The best answerphone message I can remember was "Of course I'm not here. If I was, you wouldn't be listening to this".