Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Pobody's nerfect

On Sunday evening Sammy Horner was performing at Zac's.

Best known as main songwriter, bassist and front man of the Celtic rock combo, The Electrics, Sammy also tours alone and he's just produced a solo CD called, Songs for the Sick and Tired. If you like Celtic music, you'll love his. You can hear some on the website or his myspace.

He's Irish and intersperses his music with a wonderful narrative. He's got the blarney, all right.

He said he's often asked where he gets the inspiration for his songs. From everywhere, he replies, including a t-shirt Marge wore in one episode of The Simpsons. Here are the words of the song he wrote from that.

For as you judge so you shall be, it says so in the bible o
So please don't be too harsh on me for pobody's nerfect o.

I've tried my best to do my best because I think it's worth it o
But fail I do, yet loved I am, cause pobody's nerfect o.

And if you think you're better than the man who sits beside you o
Then be my guest and throw your stones, for pobody's nerfect o.

He's coming along to Zac's again tonight. I can't wait!

4 comments:

Liz Hinds said...

Okay, I don't know what's the matter with the photo. I've tried twice and it is all there! If you want to see it properly, you can click on it. Sorry!

MaryB said...

Anybody that takes inspiration from Marge Simpson is A-OK wid' me! (I have got to come see you, Liz, and spend time at Zac's. Think I can write it off as a business expense - it does seem right up my alley.)

Liz Hinds said...

You would be very welcome, Mary!

Gary said...

Drifting off to sleep:

Me: Would you like me to be more serious?
Jeanne: No. I like you just the way you are. You're perfect.
Me: Perfect! Then I have no hope.
Jeanne: Perfect for ME.

I really not sure where that "for ME" puts me on the perfect measuring scale but it does restore my hope for continued improvement.