Wednesday, February 21, 2007

On the same theme

I asked Alun today if he would do the 'tribute' at my funeral. I can guarantee that he will make it funny and I want to be remembered with a laugh.

He said he'd be delighted but that he would probably be dead before me on the grounds that, even though he's 5 years younger, women usually outlive men.

We tried to think of someone young and funny but decided no-one else would know me so well. So, the plan is, that if he looks a bit poorly, I will rush round with a video camera and he can record a tribute that can be played at my funeral. He will begin it by saying, 'If you're watching this, then both Liz and I are dead.'

I had better start thinking about some good points that he can include because I'm sure he won't!

5 comments:

Serena said...

I wrote my own obit several years ago. Nothing morbid; it was a group project. And it made me look darn good, especially the buried in a tiara part. I don't know what I did with it, though. I guess I'll have to do a rewrite so I'll have it lying around, just in case I do croak some day.

Anna said...

Writing your own! Maybe that's the way forward. Otherwise you'd always worry about what would be said about you. Also, it might be a good idea to edit Alun's video while you're still alive, anyway. Has he considered offering it as a service in conjunction with a local undertaker?

Anonymous said...

Here's mine

"He was trying..."

Liz Hinds said...

Several people have said that about me too, Stu.

Maybe we should have a special blog meme: write your own obit.

But we're all such shy modest creatures we'd never give a true picture of how wonderful we are!

MissKris said...

There is a little hill out in the national grasslands near Madras, Oregon, where Dear Hubby and I have camped many times. Several of the mountain peaks in the Oregon Cascade Mountains are visible from there. It is isolated and peaceful and so beautiful it could bring you to tears. I told Dear Hubby I want to be cremated and have my ashes scattered underneath "our tree" there while people sing "I'll Fly Away". And even tho it's not what you'd call a funeral song, I want "Victory in Jesus" sung, too, because that pretty much sums up the total of my life in a nutshell.