Thursday, February 15, 2007

Diet Bore II

I'm making a casserole for dinner but it's all right because I have the wonderful Fry Light, the one calorie extra virgin olive oil spray for slimmers.

Except I use at least 20 sprays. But how many calories can there be in that? So that's fine.

Except it doesn't look very good so I slop in some proper olive oil. And some more. But, still, it's not as if I'll be eating the entire casserole, so that's fine.

Except I was thinking of putting a rice pudding in to cook at the same time. If I don't I'll be hearing my granny's voice saying, 'You can't waste all that heat on cooking just one thing.' And foods high in calcium help you pooh more fat, so that's all right.

All that milk and rice mightn't be awfully slimming but I am going to circuits first and it is comfort food and it is Valentine's Day and I will be alone. Unless you count younger Son who is planning on eating his dinner in his room watching Arsenal.

So, yes, that's fine. Hardly a hiccup for the diet at all.

10 comments:

Elsie said...

"EVOO" (Rachael Ray) is the best. Good, heart-healthy fat. I'm curious as to what kind of casserole you're making. I love them. But, do you really like rice pudding?

Liz Hinds said...

Lamb casserole. Just lamb and lots of veg, nothing too exciting.

I adore rice pudding! I nearly didn't make one. I battled hard but my heart won over my tummy. So it's bout to go in to cook slowly.

Liz Hinds said...

Incidentally I don't think we get EVOO.

Joy Des Jardins said...

You gave me a good laugh today Liz. And even if I don't workout on my bicycle and should have a piece or two of some chocolates that I've been hiding away; you've given me a good hearty laugh, and that's a kind of a workout right there...so that's fine.

Elsie said...

EVOO = extra virgin olive oil -- a Rachael Rayism.

Joy, I like the way you think.

Elsie said...

EVOO = extra virgin olive oil -- a Rachael Rayism.

Joy, I like the way you think.

Anonymous said...

Rice Pudding - adore the stuff! As I think we've said before...Pete doesn't so I tend not to make it now. This could change, of course...

Lee said...

Olive oil is the best oil so you've done nothing wrong by the 'diet nazis', Liz.

I made myself a rice pudding the other day and loved it. I hadn't had one in years and years. I'd been watching Jamie Oliver on TV and he made one, so that's what jolted me into action.

Liz Hinds said...

Lee, me and Jamie Oliver, we're like that, masters of the rice pudding!

And Joy, it's well-known that laughter uses more calories than jogging.

Or did I make that up? Well, it should be true, and if God were a woman it would be.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I love your logic, Liz. [It's like mine!] Hope you had a good Valentine's Day anyway!