Wednesday, February 07, 2007

freezing frisbee

Brrr, it's cold this morning. There's a thin veneer of ice on our pond. I know because I've been outside to hang out washing and play frisbee. It's sunny but still, so hanging out the washing is more for the sake of my housewifely spirit than in any hope of it drying.

Holly and I will go walk soon, all wrapped up and Michelin-man-like. Holly won't be wrapped up of course; she doesn't keep still long enough to feel the cold. My hat will serve a dual purpose: keeping my head warm and hiding my hair.
As I was working at home today I decided to let my freshly-washed hair dry naturally. Not one of my better ideas. Hedge and backwards are words that spring to mind.

Have you noticed how often the phrase, 'not one of my better ideas,' crops up on my blog? I wonder if I have ever had a 'better idea'.

... I have been thinking for 5 minutes and cannot remember one.

P.S. I had mistyped working as wortking; Spellchecker asked if I meant to say, 'wort king'. I'm sorry to disappoint Spellchecker but we don't get a lot of wort kings around here.

P.P.S. Do you remember the new dog bed we bought for Harvey for Christmas? The one he couldn't get on? Well, Charlie likes it. I found her stretched out on it, the sun shining in on her, next to the radiator. She was one happy pussycat. Which is unusual for her, little grumpyguts.

1 comment:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Oh, Charlie looks so warm and happy!