Thursday, December 07, 2006

The State Within













Did anyone watch The State Within?

If so, will you please tell me what happened? Has it finished? I watched it, you understand, but I didn't understand. It didn't sound to me as if it were resolved; or was it that the writer couldn't work out how to end it so he left us to make up our own minds?

It would be good to think that the British Ambassador (who must have had less security than anyone in his position should have as he was always popping up somewhere on his own) did the right thing. But if he did that would mean that both the British and the American governments would be shown up for what they were. I think that was what it would mean anyway. Hmmm, a dilemma.

But he was awfully British and decent and brave and honourable. Not the sort of man who will go far these days.

There's even a game here http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/thestatewithin/game/ where you can be the British Ambassador and save the world!

No comments: