Thursday, December 14, 2006

Night out with the girls


Yesterday continued to mount a crusade against me.

After careful consideration of the menu (not that careful as I quickly spotted what I wanted) I chose cockle fishcakes for starters and sea bass for my main course.

The waitress came to take our order and announced, 'I have to tell you that the cockle fishcakes and sea bass are both off the menu now.'

There was an inevitability about it.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Shiatsu today. Mm, looking forward to it. But before that I plan to do this, this, this and this, so I'd better get on.

P.S. On the plus side, the waitress, who felt bad, gave me two mint chocolates with my tea at the end.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been there with all of the lovely ladies.

Anonymous said...

Sounds fishy.

Joy Des Jardins said...

Hey, are you in that shot Liz...or are you taking the picture? If you are in it...which one are you?

Liz Hinds said...

Steve, you'd have been very welcome! But probably very bored with all the girly talk!

I'm starting to worry about you, Stu. :)

Second from the left, Joy. The waitress took the photo for us.

Anonymous said...

Looking good as ever!

Anonymous said...

Looking good as ever!

Elsie said...

Hey, Liz. I thought you had adult children. Why you're just a youngster yourself!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Lovely photo, Liz and you look fantastic! Glad you got 2 mint chocs - miss those.

Anonymous said...

Longtime friends. That's great.