Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Meet the Queen of Stupidity

Remember yesterday how Alfie broke down? Now guess who forgot to put his battery on charge last night.

Younger Son had borrowed Betty and because this prescription-collecting was hanging over me I decided to take Alfie down to the hospital to get it. He groaned a bit when he started but I made the decision to risk it, taking care, when I got to the car park to park somewhere that gave me a bit of space ahead should he need bump-starting.

Which he did. I asked a lovely little car park attendant to come and push ... and he pushed Alfie half the way round the car park, before we decided to try out the jump leads.

It was my own fault; I've got no-one to blame but myself. And Husband ... and Alfie ... and Younger Son ... and God ... and the manufacturer of batteries.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll even share in the blame. Smile

Anonymous said...

I hate when I can't blame anyone but myself for something. But it takes me several days to give up on finding a suitable blame-ee, so keep looking, Liz.

Anonymous said...

It's not you. It's Husband, Alfie, Younger Son, God, and the manufacturer of batteries. :)

Joy Des Jardins said...

You are too hard on yourself Liz. There's enough blame to go around...so look for someone to share it with. Cheers!

Liz Hinds said...

Steve, I tried to comment on your blog but Blogger wouldn't let me! Good to have you back was all i wanted to say!

Mary, Serena, Joy, I'm generous with the blame, quite happy to share!