Monday, October 09, 2006

What not to wear

Trinny and Suzannah would have the heeby jeebies if they could see me!

(T & S used to present a television show called What Not to Wear in which they helped people choose the opposite of what the title says. Watching their programme and reading their books changed my life! Okay, perhaps that's an exaggeration, but it did have a significant effect on me. By choosing clothes to suit my shape, I feel I can look good and it's improved my confidence no end. But I digress.)

I don't have anything planned for today except a bit of writing and a bit of cleaning so I'm slobbing out. Scruffy clothes, no make-up, unstraightened hair. There's a certain liberation about being comfy and not caring!

So to blogging.

Yesterday's church service went very well. We got a round of applause of Harvey: the movie, and lots of nice comments. And the litany was well-received too.

Yes, a litany. I thought I was supposed to be writing a liturgy - that's what I was told to write - but when I looked it up on the net, I discovered that a liturgy is a prescribed form of service (as Anglicans probably know), while a litany is a form of responsive prayer. Now that's what we wanted!

So, using a pre-written one as a base to work from I developed my own, based on thankfulness. People seemed to appreciate the fact that I was thankful for, not only God's amazing creation and families but also, iron-on hemming and low-fat, high-fibre, reduced sugar snacks (the latter said without a hint of sarcasm! Honest.)

Loads of people stayed for lunch after and enjoyed soup and bread. It was a choice of green or yellow soup as no-one could remember what was what. I didn't stay but came home and enjoyed delicious butternut squash soup, made to daughter's own recipe, with husband.

A good day.

No comments: