Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Surrogate granny

Little Miss A came to call today!

She stayed with me for a few hours while her mummy went to a meeting and she was as good as gold. The only time she grumbled was when I strapped her in her chair and left her in the lounge while I went into the kitchen to do her bottle.

Mother of three children and I have never made a bottle!

I was very anxious. Was it hot enough? Oh, too hot. Is it cool enough now? I don't know; better leave it a bit longer. It's a wonder there was any milk left in the bottle by the time I was happy with the temperature. I kept shaking some onto my wrist (and the working surface and the table) but I wasn't absolutely sure why. She seemed h
appy with it though so it must have been all right in the end.

Little Miss A is an entertainer like her mummy. She smiles as soon as she sees a camera (the picture of us together was taken by Younger Son who is probably a worrying sight when you're only 8 months old). She was most fascinated by our lounge pig and me singing a choo choo song to her. It went:
choo choo choo-cho-cho choo choo choo-cho cho and so on. I composed it myself to the rhythm of the music coming from Younger Son's bedroom. I wonder if I should give up writing stories and start writing songs instead.

I am so looking forward to being a granny. I will be a good one. If I am not decrepit by the time I get to have grandchildren.

6 comments:

Jon said...

I hope you're reading Rob, nudge nudge.

Anna said...

Yes, yes, you've got the smallest violin in the world.

Anna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Victoria said...

One thing at a time eh!

Anonymous said...

A very glamorous granny indeedy!

Anonymous said...

I do like your hair like this Liz! And you will make a really glam, youthful, loving Granny. I am a Gran 5 times over thanks to Pete - I think being Granny Shirl is lovely but, secretly, it isn't the same as if Sons 1 & 2 were Daddies!