Saturday, October 07, 2006

Lights, camera, action!

Harvey is starring in his own film!

No, Harvs, Spielberg isn't coming over for it ... yes, I know he made a film about ET but this is a slightly smaller production.

I'm making it on Windows Moviemaker ... don't turn your nose up, it's not every dog that gets to be a star.

You see we have our Harvest Special Meeting tomorrow and its theme is 'thankfulness'. Some people have been asked to take along something they're thankful for. First of all I said I'd take Harvey but then, remembering his slight loss of control of his bodily functions, I decided, to everyone's relief, to put a little film show together all about him.

So that's what I'm doing this afternoon. Linden Church is notorious for its last minute-ness and I am a Lindenite to my core. I also have to make a large saucepan of soup and a loaf of bread for tomorrow. Oh, and write a liturgy. (After I've looked it up and found out exactly what it is.)

I've got the photos and the captions all set up in the film; I just need a soundtrack now. What I really want is 'Puppy Song' sung by Nilsson but do you think I can work out how to download it?

I tried one download site and it appeared to be under the control of the Russians (nothing against the Russians you understand; it just wasn't what I was expecting.) I've now tried another and though it said in its info that the lifetime fee was at a special rate of $24.44, when I fill in my details it tries to charge me $39.95. And I don't even know if they have the stupid song.

And stop grumbling, Harvey. If you're not careful, I'll forget all about the film and take my hot-water-bottle instead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing so hard my sides hurt. Looking forward to seeing the movie.