Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Make My Day Day

Not having blogged for a couple of days, my brain is fair dinkum loaded with trivia that needs dumping to make space for new. So here goes.

First of all, I'm sorry that I missed Talk Like a Pirate Day yesterday; we could have had such fun in work. Alun needs very little encouragement to talk like a pirate or a Valleys' boy, or anyone else really. It's the actor in him coming out. And it would have been a good excuse to download a screensaver of Johnny Depp. (Do I need an excuse? No, I don't.)

Who decides these things? That 19th September is going to be TLAP Day for example. I've often tried to find a calendar that lists all the specified days in a year so I could be prepared for Doughnut Day, or Jump Up and Down Day, or Cuddle a Cat Day, but I've never been entirely successful.

I did find a rather strange American calendar in which everyday was dedicated to an item of food - apple pie, t-bone steak, maple syrup, beefburger etc - but that wasn't really what I wanted.

I suppose there's no reason why you can't make up your own day. So we could have a Be Nice to Your Computer Day or a Walk Backwards Day or even Smile at a Stranger Day.

What no-one would ever suggest though is Lunch Prowl Week. This would be dedicated to teaching single women how to use their lunch-break to find a man. No, no-one would ever come up with that.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Last Friday I discovered that, not only are the Scissor Sisters not sisters, they're not even women.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

I'd jotted down a few other things I was thinking about - and getting cross about - but they don't seem so important now. Either that or I can't remember what the cryptic note I wrote for myself means.

1 comment:

Clare said...

I am so pleased that I'm not the only person who thought the Scissor Sisters were female!