Monday, September 04, 2006

Another week, another appointment

I've just been to the doctor's.

I needed a prescription for my keep-me-sane pills (yes, Bluebottle, you can be as sane as me). They insist on me going to see the doctor every now and again to make sure I'm not thinking of committing suicide: these pills have suicidal tendencies as a possible side-effect.

The doctor said, 'How are you on them?'
I said, 'Wonderful.'
He said, 'Fine.'

Then I asked him about my continuing deafness in my left ear. He said, 'What?'
No he didn't but I wish he had. He looked and said, 'Tough. you'll have to put up with it.' Only in a much nicer way. It could last for another two weeks. Debris, apparently. Like the aftermath of a party without the fun.

I'm sure I was sitting next to my old Welsh Latin teacher in the waiting-room. I would have spoken to him but waiting-rooms have a forbidding air. You know everyone will turn and listen to you if you speak. Mr Evans introduced us to Horace and Catullus, as well as amo, amas, amat.

2 comments:

jomoore said...

I want to ask if Welsh Latin is different to other kinds, but that might come across as facetious, so I won't.

Liz Hinds said...

Welsh Latin just adds 'is it?' to every sentrence.