Thursday, August 31, 2006

Was there a thunderstorm in the night?

I only ask as I had two brilliant ideas this morning.

Actually one was husband's of a few weeks (months) ago but I re-thought and re-named it mine. The other was all mine.

I'm not accustomed to getting brilliant ideas in the morning - or at any time - and having watched Young Frankenstein recently ...

It's entertaining but not as funny as Blazing Saddles but then again, it probably helps if you're an afficionado of Frankenstein and horror films generally.

* * * * * * * * * *

Today is the 9th anniversary of the death of Diana. As husband was away and I was too tired to be choosy, I watched two programmes last night, the first about the alleged conspiracy to murder Diana and the second, sweetly entitled, Di's Guys.

Apparently 85% of Britishers believe there was a conspiracy; that puts me and the makers of last night's programme in the minority. Perhaps that's why it was shown on More 4 or something instead of ITV1.

They had the first television interview with the Chief Police Officer investigating the accident. I can understand why he hasn't appeared before. I'm sure the French police were very thorough but his Gallic shrug and casual pooh-poohing of theories wouldn't have helped convince many people.

Di's Guys was more watchable as it was just more gossipy. Much more The Mail than The Independent.

No comments: