Thursday, August 17, 2006

Okay so this wasn't one of my better ideas

But it seemed reasonable at the time. But, as usual (as some people would claim), I didn't think things through properly. So I'm sitting up at just past midnight waiting for meringues to cook.

I have to be in work in the morning so I don't think I can stay up much longer. I wonder what will happen if I turn the oven right right down and just leave them in there all night. Or what's left of it.

Brown meringues? Cooked to a frazzle meringues? Could meringues go on fire? I would hate for Harvs and me to be burned to a crisp just because the meringues were.

I was up early this morning too. Cleaning at 7.45. No, this isn't like me but peculiar circumtsmaces (neat spelling) demand peculiar actions.

I could leave a note for Younger Son asking him to turn off the oven when he comes in. That is probably the best idea I have had so far. But then, look at the last good idea I had.

I'll do that. And I'll tell you in the morning if we/they (Harvs and me/the meringues) survived.

1 comment:

MaryB said...

Soooooo. How were the meringues? I understand completely - I often start crazy projects late in the evening. I think it has to do with the alignment of the planets that Chris mentioned in her blog. The only cure seems to be: more chocolate.

("spjcyqzi" = Spice Girls in Polish. These word verifications are just bonkers.)