Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I knew it would happen

This afternoon a wave of unexplained depression swept over me. The sort of depression that is only helped by chocolate.

I bought a bar of chocolate (and a box of Maltesers) and ate it. Now I feel depressed and guilty.

But I did go to the gym this evening. And I worked hard. When I reached the point that the only way for me to get up from the floor was to roll over onto my front and get on all fours first, I decided it was probably time to stop.

Our regular circuit training classes have stopped for the summer so we enrolled in a local gym. To get our moneysworth we have to go twice a week. I have been three times this week already. I have worked out, if I time it properly, I can watch Neighbours as I cycle. Husband didn't come with me yesterday as he was poorly and couldn't come with me tonight as he is away.

After a few weeks of him being based mainly in Swansea, he has a new job (same company, different responsibilities). This job is based in Glasgow ... and Winchester. Just as I was getting used to him being around.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

chocolate deprived depression is a serious disease and needs to be treated urgently by a local confectionary practioner, it is ok to self diagnose this terrible complaint, but the remedy must always be dispensed by the aforementioned expert.

Anonymous said...

A chocolate quick fix is to be expected when one's lifelong partner is suddenly transported to the ends of the earth - or another country.

I am sorry you are now parted again Liz - I could tell how much being together has cheered you up. It was a summer of content for you. Look forward to the weekends and stop feeling 'guilty' about the good food that the cacao bean provides Man. God made it.