Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Got here at last

It's been a while but I've finally made space to blog. It's not that long actually but it seems ages since I've had a chance to clear out my brain.

Maryb wonders if her style of writing has changed since she started blogging; she comes to the conclusion it has, that she is now writing with an audience in mind. I've looked back at my early stuff and I don't think mine has changed particularly. I thought it had but the only difference I can see is that it's slightly saner now. I suppose I do write with an idea of the people who will read it, but I do write in my own style and it's difficult to change what comes naturally.

Anyway, enough.

Husband has been off sick for two days. I suspected flu; Shirl asked if it was real flu or man flu. I have now decided it's man flu. Have I mentioned that he is very into genealogy? He has recently discovered that an ancestor of his was Governor of the Colony of Connecticut in 1656. (Why has that reminded me of the boys who put the powder on the noses of the faces of the ladies of the harem of the court of King Caractacus? They weren't even passing by.)

As I have intimated life has been busy recently. That and trouble with t'intenet have come between me and blogging. I enjoy blogging and miss it when I can't. Somebody said, 'Isn't it a bit self-absorbed to write your thoughts and imagine people will want to read them?' (Is self-absorbed the word I am looking for?)

Yes, it is. But no-one is obliged to read them - to those of you that do, I am very grateful - and even if it were only a writing exercise it would be valid. But I think it's more than that. A rubbish-bin? Possibly. But it's my rubbish-bin.

It was a good job that the internet was playing up on Sunday, when I had a chance to blog, as it would have been a rant. A major rant. I would have started with an apology and a suggestion to readers to not read it, and then grumbled big time about people who insist on talking to me as if I am an idiot. I might not be the sharpest pencil in the case but I know what's right and what's wrong. No, no more.

Husband is keen to watch an episode of Rumpole on DVD now so I'll make a mental note (or a written note) of other things that have been on my mind to remind me next time I have a blog.

FUN mini
Weightwatchers
Lunch

So much I want to write, my brain is bubbling.

1 comment:

Elsie said...

I like that real flu vs. man flu. Never heard of man flu before, but I'm sure I've seen it! I'll be sure to pass that around among my women friends.