Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Difference the taste

I have lived in Swansea all of my life - apart from four years in Southampton - and currently live just a short walk from the sea-front. Most days I drive on the main road that follows the line of the bay, to the west to work and Mumbles, to the east to Sainsburys and town. And the view still has the ability to take my breath away.

I am fantastically grateful to be living in such beautiful surroundings - and I expect others to feel similarly. We had visitors recently and took them around to see the sights. The most enthusiastic comment we had was that it was 'very nice'.

Very nice? My hummus and spinach sandwich was very nice; the scenery was awesome.

I mentioned this to husband; he thinks I am in the 10% minority who would feel like this. I find that hard to believe as I know lots who would agree with me. But now I think of it, they are all christians with an awareness of the maker.

Do you need that awareness to see beauty in the environment? Or a creative/artistic sense? Or an appreciation of nature and its cycles and inter-dependency?

I can drive down a lane or walk along a woodland path, and the way the sun shines through the trees can make me smile. So blessed in so many ways.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

My son once prayed to say thankyou for concrete!

Now I KNOW I don't appreciate that enough!!!

Liz Hinds said...

Aw, Shirl, isn't it time you bought him a proper bed?