Monday, July 10, 2006

Brain bother

We spent the weekend in Devon with daughter and son-in-law and a jolly time we had too.

Daughter is a very good cook who enjoys experimenting. I seem to remember being like that b.c. (before children).

Any number of years of 'urgh, what's that?' and 'is this a mushroom?' can wear down all but the most determined.

And I was determined. I really intended to bring up my children properly - not like some I knew who were bribed with biscuits and propped in front of the television. Such good intentions. Lasted all of 18 months.

Still they, the children that is, survived. And are a credit to someone (can't be me I'm sure!). Now do I put a full stop after that bracket? Or should I not have used brackets? Maybe dashes would have worked better and would have taken away the need for a full stop - if there is a need.

Such are the brain-worrying matters that crowd my mind normally - but not during shiatsu. Today, while being gently manipulated, I was more concerned with altogether more mundane questions, like where is my life going? I came to the conclusion that I have two main problems (for problems read faults) that I need to sort out if I am to move on.


When I got home I told husband this and that I was set on changing. He laughed. But I don't think I'm too old to change. I admit it will be difficult but necessary. He didn't disagree, you notice, with the fact that I need to change, just the unlikelihood of me achieving such a transformation.

And a transformation is what is needed.

I forgot to mention the salsa class that we went to last Friday. The first of four, it was taken by a jolly Cardiff girl, who pointed out that she isn't a lesbian just in case we thought she was.

Tomorrow I am attending a scriptwriting class; I'll let you know if the tutor is gay. If he tells us, that is.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Apparently you should change only one area of your life at a time!
I'm sure if you really need to change areas of your life God will appreciate you leaning on Him!

I too worry about punctuation so..... to avoid being thought of as sloppy, I deliberately over do things!!!!!!!
It's like pronouncing difficult words, say it your way with conviction and others will feel they have it wrong!

It didn't work for the preacher who said Malachi as MaloCHi