Tuesday, May 09, 2006

X + Y =

Today I asked X if I had done something to upset Y.
X asked, 'Why?'
I said that Y seemed a bit off with me.
X sighed, 'Huh, you should try living with Y!'

So perhaps it's not me.

Alun explained that it was my paranoia; that at any given moment, I was convinced that at least one person in Linden hated me. I denied that. 'I am not paranoid. I know for a fact that there are definitely two people who don't like me although I wouldn't go so far as to say hate.'
I can tell by their smile-not-smile when they speak to me. I am church administrator; sometimes they have to speak to me.

To cheer me up, Alun gave me my first snooker lesson (while we were waiting for the tea to brew during our tea break). I now know that I have to hit the little white ball and that I have to aim for the centre of it. Next lesson Alun will teach me how to do that and the proper name for the snooker stick.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Wallflowers are a much under-rated plant, I think. They're not much to look at but their perfume, especially in the early morning, is fabulous. I also have a certain empathy with wallflowers.

2 comments:

Anna said...

There is a house down the road with two big window-boxes full of wallflowers - next time I pass I will have a sniff. The house is also covered in wisteria (spelling?) which is just opening into flower - and is also wondrous.

Ooh, spelling - there is a programme on BBC4 on Thursday at 10.30 and in the trailer the posh voice-over yells WHY CAN'T EVERYONE TALK PROPER ENGLISH?! - I like a lot. I clap when it comes on, and Steve covers his eyes and sighs.

Liz Hinds said...

Is it a quiz/game show? I seem to remember seeing an advert for something along those lines.

For goodness sake, this is my own blog: why on earth does the verification have to be so hard?