Wednesday, May 24, 2006

This'n'that

Husband has gone into work today as the weather forecast was so bad. It is bright and sunny at the moment.

I am pleased to report that my fears for my hair were unjustified: Emma did a lovely job. I am no longer a badger but a happy hare. So happy that I am going into the Debenhams's sale this morning to look for something to wear to father-in-law's 80th birthday meal. Remembering the crowds at the last sale I went to at Debenhams, I could be gone some time.

I tried on some dresses yesterday while waiting for the film to start but I am not really a dress person as I am different sizes top and bottom. Also as some kind soul pointed out, I have hairy legs. I would like to make it clear that, in the photo below of my sock, yes, it is my leg but, no, it is not hairy. That is a photographic illusion. I know it is not hairy as I shaved that very morning.

I am going to say something very girly now. I have found an extra bonus delight in our new shower: the rail makes a perfect place to drip bras when it is raining outside.

So, back to the film. The Da Vinci Code was not very good - quite slow, had to do lots of explaining (the past and the sects), and generally lacked the film equivalent of a 'page-turner'. Tom Hanks was better than I expected as the leading character though. I had visualised more of a Harrison Ford character but that may just be because I like HF. And they must have left bits out as it all happened too quickly. But slowly.

A wonderful walk in the sunshine (until it rained) on Tor Bay and Crawley Woods yesterday. So many wild flowers: bluebells, wild roses (the scent of heaven), yellow things, purple things, pink things. I bought a book to identify flowers but a) I never carry it with me; and b) I have never been able to find the flower I am trying to identify in it.

Why is running down sand dunes so pleasurable?

Husband was very sedate. Said he thought he should be as people would feel less scared of me if they saw I had my handler with me. Which was very rude of him. And, anyway, they weren't any people there. This is the advantage of springtime. A footprint-free beach.

I did get him to play cricket with me using a plastic buoy and a bit of boat (he said it was a bit of chair but I prefer to think of it as nautical).

It has clouded over now and looks like rain.

No comments: