Monday, April 10, 2006

My toeses are roses too

Driving in Betty this morning I started to sing. Fair enough. It was a beautiful morning; the sort of morning that makes you want to sing. And the song: Moses supposes his toeses are roses but Moses supposes erroneously, for Moses he knowses his toeses aren't roses as Moses supposes his toeses to be.

I was going to town to look for a saucepan big enough to dye my dress in. I ended up buying a garden tub. It will come in useful. I expect. Even if I burn a hole in the bottom. So that's all right. I currently have a purple worksurface, a purple washing machine and purple hands; I have yet to find out if I have a purple dress. But I'm hopeful. My only other concern is that it will have shrunk in the process.

Singing in the Rain is a wonderful film.

3 comments:

chux said...

The dress dye post all point to a potential disaster!! You starting to think it was a bad idea yet?

So did you get any strange looks when you were singing in the car? I'm always caught bopping to the radio, then I see people staring at me in the traffic!! oh well I dont need to be told i'm a plonker at times:)

Liz Hinds said...

Not at all. I have confidence! Foolish I know but when it's all that left ...

I'm a middle-aged woman driving a little white Beetle; I'm expected to be weird. It's a great advantage!

MaryB said...

Ah - one of my favorite numbers from Singing in the Rain! Love that film!

Awaiting pictures of the dress . . .