Tuesday, February 07, 2006

A new week? I hope

It was a week ago today that my problems started; I am hoping that from now on there will be no more. I am counting the shower - our only way of bathing - that is leaking prodigiously and the intermittent leak in the downstairs toilet that has become constant, as left-overs from last week and not the beginning of another week of mishaps.

I forgot to say that, on Saturday, I broke a dish. Not any old dish but one of my 'best' ones, from the set that we had when we were married. However as it is the first breakage in 27 years, I count myself fortunate. Especially as the intervening years have seen us bring up three children and enjoy occasional visits from Grandad.

But today is another day, as Scarlett would have said when she woke up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's the spirit Liz - even if it is late afternoon already! Enjoy the solitude. Personally, I've had too much of it today...so dark everywhere. Be glad to have company again soon!

Now I have to write rubfl to get this message through to you. Weird.