Tuesday, February 21, 2006

It's what men are for

Emails have been flying back and forth this afternoon.
Me: Kettle's blown up.
Him: Probably the fuse.
Me: Fuse?
Him: (sigh) In the plug.
Me: And what would I do about that?
Him: Change it.
Me: For ... what? A frozen pea?

For goodness sake he's known me long enough to know I don't do fuses. Yes, I know that's girly and pathetic but I am girly and pathetic - it's part of my charm.

But I NEED A CUP OF TEA! And boiling water in the saucepan is a pain as the automatic lighter on the hob doesn't. I might have to try husband's suggestion and put a teabag in the coffee percolator. It's either that or suck a teabag.

It's a good job I can still hop and skip when I am out with Harvey otherwise life would be truly unbearable. I haven't perfected the clicking heels together in the air at the side yet. Although I can almost do it to the left but not the right. I must be left-sided. I am right-handed but left-eared.

2 comments:

Liz Hinds said...

I am a genius: I have mended the kettle! In spite of new-fangled fittings on plugs.

I might still try the teabag in the percolator just out of interest.

MaryB said...

Good for you, Liz! But maybe you'd better muck it up again, just so he won't feel useless . . . ;-)

I don't get electric kettles, anyway. I'm a big fan of kettles, but of the kind you put on the stove. Use it constantly. (And nothing blows up. So far.)