Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The smallest room but two

I now know more than the average person needs to know about bathroom suites. I know about wings, close-coupling, pedestals, recesses and pop-up waste but I still can't fathom why a bath should have no taphole.

We're having a new bathroom fitted, you see. We've been planning it and thinking about it for well over a year but now it's finally coming to fruition. Sort of. We've spent two afternoons in bath showrooms. Best bit of all was this amazing mirror that gave the looker the illusion of peering into a lit tunnel. Absolutely useless for seeing the hairs that need plucking from one's chin but terribly good fun.

In fact most of the mirrors were pretty useless as they were lit from above and simply cast shadows over one's face. And even though I look best in a dim light it's not awfully helpful if I want to get eye liner anywhere near my eyes as opposed to my cheek or forehead.

Back to work this morning before our bathpedition. In-house IT expert, Tim, confirmed what I suspected: printer that was bought six months ago to print magazine is knackered. Should I mention here slightly doubtful scam that co-worker is encouraging me in? Probably best not to; in fact, best not to participate at all. Will argue against it on Friday.

No comments: