Friday, November 11, 2005

Twas on a Friday morning ...

the gas man came to call. And this time, before inviting him to follow me upstairs, I remembered to explain that the boiler was in the bathroom.

He is a rather large man and the space in front of the boiler is rather small. But he has a West Country accent, which is nice.

Of course he didn't arrive until nearly 11 by which time the boiler had calmed down and was working properly. I asked if he could come at 9 because that's the time the intermittent fault most often occurs but that was impossible for them to arrange. Some time between 8 and 1 was the best they could do.

I hear on the radio today that the Health Secretary is trying to get doctors to offer evening and weekend appointments. That was the norm when I was growing up. The doctors are shaking their heads but I don't see why they couldn't not do afternoon appointments and do evening ones instead. That would suit people who work much better. Mutter, mutter.

I am turning into an old grouch!

My birthday tomorrow!!!! Yippee!!!! Children coming home! Goody!!! And what's more, I'm not as old as I thought I was, so that's even better.

Drumming was excellent last night. I think, only think mind, but I think I am improving. One of the men, who also attends the Tuesday night session, was doing it all wrong. Tee hee.

I have been investigating publishers. I am considering writing a book about the middle ages. I have been turned down by one on the grounds that nobody wants to admit to being middle-aged. However research proves that in America they don't have that sort of attitude at all. (I like that - research proves. It was only me on the internet but it could have been an academic study undertaken by professors.)

Anyway, so I looked up some other Mind, Body & Spirit small publishers (couldn't think what else it would come under) and they all have dodgy publications. Lots about witches and new age stuff and I Ching (therefore I chink). Should I be associated with such?

I suppose any big publisher is likely to have a dubious section and that wouldn't bother me so is there any reason why this should? And I do go for shiatsu. Oh ye of few scruples and lots of creases.

Tra la la. Waiting for gasman to finish. Don't want to hang around upstairs but limited as to what I can do down here without water.

I definitely have sportswoman's elbow. Perhaps I should wear a sling. I also have a twitchy third finger that clicks the mouse button without being told.

I hope he hurries; I have to go to work. Oooh, he's got a long tube and a box out of his van.

2 comments:

Tim said...

I just wanted to say that I got top 10 in the world this morning! I've worked out they post the new picture at 8 am ish so I hopped on just after and secured 10 out of 16! What a way to make yourself feel great - Tim Oakes top 10 in the world!

Liz Hinds said...

Now that is impressive! I got in at about 43. But I did have the dog barking at me and I didn't realise you could look at the picture at the same time as doing it.