Thursday, November 24, 2005

Not so smart, eh?

The greedy squirrel who ate his fill of nuts and then took to burying them is regretting it now. The bird-feeder is empty and, like a forensic detective, he's making his way around the garden sniffing every inch to try and find his hidden store.

I will put some more out soon but we must consider getting a squirrel-proof feeder - if such a thing exists. I just half-heard a report on the radio that it is chipmunks that are the greatest threat to British wildlife nowadays. I can't find anything more about it on the net so perhaps I misheard. Chipmunks? The ones with squeaky voices?

Now why would Spellchecka want to replace 'misheard' with 'misread'? Does it think my sight is worse than my hearing?

1 comment:

Liz Hinds said...

Excuse me, Miss Matthews, aren't you supposed to be teaching?

Anyway I'm at home, so yah boo sucks.