Saturday, October 01, 2005

Off to Exeter

So we're nearly ready to set off with bag and cat for Exeter - although we haven't told Charlie yet. She is still innocently curled up on the basket chair.

The house will be very empty after this weekend.

Drumming was good fun. I only did a corporal jones once ... or twice. I could manage the sausage egg and beans and mushrooms, and the fish and chips, and even the egg-fried rice. It was the spaghetti bolognese that was my downfall. More later on this. I just want to do a quick round-up of what's been happening over the last two days.

Friday in work was crazy. Trying to get the magazine ready for Sunday we kept running out of ink. Chris made one emergency dash and Mike Hurst made another. But he didn't get back in time for us to do many copies. I might go in early tomorrow morning to print just a few more off; I hate to miss a deadline.

Things weren't helped by Mr Matthews deciding he wanted all sorts of other tings ready for Sunday too. He says the muse is with him and he can't help himself. Indeed it would be criminal to stand in its way.

Then dancing last night. I really didn't want to go as I was feeling tetchy but it was surprisingly fun. Mike struggled with the jive! It is so unusual for Mike to be the one struggling instead of me. We got it the end. For this week anyway.

Anyway off to Exeter now.

No comments: