Friday, January 26, 2018

Because we're worth it

Yesterday, 25th January, was St. Dwynwen's Day. In latter years it's been promoted, undoubtedly as a marketing idea, as being the Welsh equivalent of St. Valentine's Day. I've written about 5th century Dwynwen and her unhappy love affair before; you'll find the story here if you're interested.


because you're worth it
To celebrate I decided that in our women's bible study in Zac's, instead of a traditional study, we'd have a pamper day, a 'love yourself' day. (Also because I was leading Zac's on Tuesday I didn't have time to prepare a proper study ...)

With fizzy grape juice and chocolates to begin, face masks, and feet washing and lotioning to follow, and jam and clotted cream scones to end, I think it was a fairly successful and relaxing day, enjoyed by the - only - three of us there.

I am still pulling out hair stuck together with mud.

Scones need to be fresh so I was up at 7 o'clock to make these. 
Sometimes we forget that God loves us and thinks we're worth his son dying. It's good to be reminded in a practical way 'Because we're worth it'. 


2 comments:

Jimmy said...

I bet that after word gets out you will have more than three show up next time, hopefully all the mud will come out of your hair by then. It appears that you had an excellent idea.

Liz Hinds said...

It was appreciated, Jimmy.