Saturday, December 23, 2017

It is finished!

Without wishing to make you think I have delusions of divinity I too can say, 'It is finished,' although I don't think Jesus added, 'Except the bathroom.' He might have done of course and they just didn't bother mentioning it in the gospels. For all we know he may well have said, 'Don't worry, I'll pop back in three days and give the bathroom a good going over.' Possibly.

My success is due to the fact that, as I was awake from 3.30 am thinking about what I needed to do, I was in Sainsburys by 7.00 am, putting me ahead of my day by a good margin. You wouldn't believe how many people were shopping at 7.00 am. For goodness sake, didn't they have anything better to do?

Listening to Christmas music today when Jingle Bells came on reminding me of the version we sang in the pub last Sunday night.
Jingle bells, Batman smells,
Robin's flown away.
Uncle Billy lost his willy 
on the motorway. 

1 comment:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

The perfect Christmas earworm.