Sunday, December 31, 2017

A new career

I am thinking of starting 2018 with a change of direction: I shall become a purveyor of gift bags.
As far as I recall I have never bought a gift bag in my life yet I have a huge stock of them. Who actually buys them? If I need one I use one of the ones previously given to me or to Husband (usually bottle-shaped in his case). They're always in immaculate condition and very few people write on the tags, and if they are written on they are easily removed.

Maybe this is the way forward. My idea of recycling wrapping paper fell at the first hurdle as it's easily torn and creased, and unreusable. Gift bags on the other hand are sturdy and long-lasting. More expensive initially and probably not suitable for large toys for children but definitely to be considered for next year. If I remember.

* * * * * * *
Toni ErdmannSpeaking of presents Husband likes to think outside the box or in this case inside the boxes. My Christmas dvds are:
Grey's Anatomy Season 12 (not seen before unlike one year where I settled down to watch the new series only to discover it had a familiar ring to it);
Their Finest, "a top-notch British movie" and one I wanted to see so a good choice;
The Lego Batman Movie, highly recommended by our children and grandchildren;
and, the most off-the-wall, Toni Erdmann, a German comedy.

I shall let you know ...

3 comments:

Leslie: said...

I always use gift bags now and jazz them up with coordinating tissue and sometimes ribbon. I did have to buy some paper this year, though, as the coffee pot for DIL and the bagel toaster for sister wouldn't fit into bags. And I save all gift bags for future use and go through them after Xmas shopping to see what I can use. They really are the way to go these days.

Liz Hinds said...

I think you're right, Leslie.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

I buy gift bags ..love them . Depends who the present is for. .whether they get wrapping paper or a gift bag., yep just like Leslie , tissue paper too all depends. Way to go 😍