Monday, October 30, 2017

Not that I'm envious

I mean, think of the cleaning!

Building work has been going on just on the side of the main road to Mumbles. When we drive out that way Husband and I have been watching it with interest. Or we're nosey, take your pick.

At first we thought it may be a hotel or exclusive retirement apartments. It turns out it's a house. One house. One gi-nor-mous house.

And recently they cut down some trees in front of it so the home-owners will have a better view. That's the charitable opinion. I think it's so passers-by have a better view and more opportunity to be amazed at the splendour and wealth. (And it's worked with me obviously.)

Anyway here it is at the moment.
Of course the rumour mill is working overtime. Last I heard the owners plan to keep sharks in the basement. (Piranhas are so James Bond, you know.)

I just hope they reward our curiosity with an Open Day before they move in. It's the least we peasants deserve.

P.S. It's even bigger than their near neighbour, Bonnie Tyler's house.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apparently it's been built for the owner of the car dealership, Trade Centre Wales. The full plans are available online to view. What was there before, a small house?

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Sharks in the basement ? Wouldn't that be rather smelly ?

Sharon said...

Too bad they cut down the trees.

Jimmy said...

That is really grand, too big for me though.

Liz Hinds said...

I guess so. I don't remember what was there before.

They probably have someone to clean them out too, sonata!

Indeed, always a shame to see trees cut down, Sharon.

Too big for me too, but I do want to look around it!