Thursday, October 05, 2017

Communist naval officers

Mumbles lighthouse from the hill
Walking on Mumbles Hill this afternoon, the sky blue, a gentle breeze blowing and the sun shining, I thought, 'I love this place.'


And today the hill was alive with Red Admiral butterflies. On one bush alone I counted seven and they were just the ones not bothered by my clumping footsteps. An improvement on yesterday on the tip when I only saw one and that was dead.

I also saw a bunny, or to be more accurate, a bunny's bottom. I waited and watched to see what George would do when he passed the spot the bunny had disappeared into the bushes: not a twitch. It's strange because he has a very good nose - especially for food - but maybe an unfamiliar smell wasn't interesting enough to cause him to pause.

As a child I used to walk here with my mum. The hill and the cliffs were our places and at my favourite spot of the cliffs I said again, 'I love this place. In fact this is where I want to be scattered.'

Husband knows where it is; it's where I always pretend to fly. There is usually an onshore breeze so the children will have to choose the day wisely before tipping me gently over the edge. My ashes that is rather than me in a wheelchair however tempting that may be when I get old and crotchety. ('What do you mean when?')
It is where I am refreshed, where I find joy in my heart and peace in my soul.


2 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Well, it's one way of taking flight ...

Anna said...

I know where it is too! Duly noted. Xxx