Thursday, September 28, 2017

Not enough speed in my diet

Slimming World classes'Are you getting enough speed?' the teacher asked.

I was in my first diet group - yes, I've joined Slimming World - and the teacher was trying to work out why one dieter had failed to lose weight the previous week. 

I was sitting with some other newbies and glanced at them as I chuckled to myself at the teacher's words. They were sitting stoney-faced. Obviously it's only me who mixes in the circles where speed means something quite different from food that helps you lose weight faster.

Ah well, on the whole the group consists of jolly, overweight people, both men and women, some of whom are very overweight and some of whom only need to lose a little. One lady upset everyone by telling us she had lost another 2 lbs putting her 5lbs below her target weight. 'Um, you need more syns,' the teacher said,  'or you'll fade away.'

What with speed and syns this sounds like a good diet.

P.S. Speed is a stimulant drug, an amphetamine.

3 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Daughter joined and says it works for her . She even won their Slimmer of the week prize once ... 5 kilos of fresh vegetables !

Liz Hinds said...

Lots of people have recommended it to me, sonata, and it seems to work although it appears illogical to me.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

P.S. When you win the Slimmer of the Week veg. bag , Daughter cautions against eating all the contents ... she ended up gaining instead !