Friday, September 29, 2017

Carrot cake I can't eat

Slightly surprised to receive a letter from the hospital this morning with an appointment for a pre-op assessment in the middle of October. I don't know how long before an operation an assessment is done but I would assume they're intended to be quite close together - otherwise things could change in six months.

Am not panicking. Not really. When I agreed to this operation it was with the thought in mind, 'Oh it won't be for months.' Still may not be. I'll have to ask 'people who know about these things'.

* * * * * * * *

Made a carrot cake for the Macmillan coffee morning Daughter was helping to organise today. I dropped it off and then took GrandDaughter2 singing at the local library. My thought was that I'd collect a piece afterwards to take home to Husband but it all sold. And one lady asked me for the recipe it was so good.

No more cake for me, at least for a few months. Big sigh. Oh, a sudden thought strikes me: if I have an operation that will screw up my dieting regime. And I've paid until Christmas. Never mind, it probably won't happen for ages.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Can I ask what kind of surgery they plan on?

Too bad about the carrot cake, or maybe it was a good thing?

Liz Hinds said...

Good and bad, Sharon. They hope to be able to do keyhole surgery to remove the blob thing in one of my fallopian tubes. As long as it's not tangled up they should be able to do keyhole.

nick said...

Don't assume anything about pre-op assessments. I had one approx 18 months before my operation. Then I had another one when they finally gave me an admission date.