Sunday, May 14, 2017

I'm not a knit!

This is the most intricate thing I ever knitted.
In fact it's probably the only thing I ever finished.

I made it when expecting last-born and then when he arrived decided it was too pretty for a boy so didn't use it. By the time my children had babies they no longer wore matinee jackets so it's never been worn.

But I can't get rid of it. It's evidence that once - just once - I knitted something.

P.S. I've added 'knitting' as a label. Now that's something that you won't often find on my blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's brilliant Liz. And a pity its unused. Here's a secret: my mum has knitted a BOX FULL of baby clothes for the great-grandchildren no one has yet given her. She is expecting them to be used if/when she's no longer around. I haven't the heart to tell her I knit/crochet baby blankets these days...and she's missed the point: her children haven't got any grandchildren yet!

Sharon said...

Oh! That's beautiful! Years ago, I knit sweaters for the larger bodies, never got around to knitting fine baby clothes. I never learned. I wish I had, maybe something of my knitting would be hanging around to give me that proof.

Liz Hinds said...

thanks both.